WHAT JUST HAPPENED? The Conclusion...

11.03.2008

Last night I posted this....
This has been a crazy day to say the least! I will blog more about it tomorrow, but it involves alcohol, the cops, a deer, and a broken hip!

Well here's the rest of the story.

Alcohol...
Gary's message was about alcohol. Specifically, what does the bible say about Christians and drinking alcohol. You can check it out here. The band played this song and Gary carried this on stage. You really outta listen to the message. Anyway....

The Cops...
So the afternoon went pretty smoothly. Chilled out getting ready for Uprising, the Revolution Students worship celebration. Arrived at Holly Springs around 4 for band rehearsal and the band was killin' it! Swift was rockin' some songs and Thad was rockin' some songs. And then the cops showed up! What?!? Yep. Said it was too loud. You can read more about it on Gary's blog, but the end result was no music and we sent the band home. WTC! Anyway, to say Uprising didn't go as planned would be an understatement. But it was what it was. Ended the night with pizza and cokes which students NEVER tire of! Plus got to connect with some students I might not have on a regular night over a slice of pizza!

A Deer....
So I leave Uprising and have some messages on my phone and one's from my mom. So I call and she proceeds to tell me two stories. One story is that my sister-in-law had taken my brother's car to run an errand and hit a freakin' deer. The deer came out of nowhere, and went up over the hood and smashed the windshield. Glass everywhere. My sister-in-law was okay. The accident didn't kill the deer, so the cop/sheriff/whatever suggests she call my brother to come kill the deer! Are you kidding me?!?! Finally, after everybody and their brother showed up, someone shot the deer like 20 ft. from my sis-in-law. Crazy.

A Broke Hip...
(My mom actually told me this story first. G-ma took precedence over the deer :) ) My mom tells me that 89 year old grandmother in Tampa fell earlier in the day and screwed her hip up. Found out today that it was not as bad as originally thought, but still required surgery and pins. (In surgery as of 6:00 tonight) Prayers for my g-ma would be greatly appreciated.

So, that is the story(s) of my crazy Sunday.

I leave you with THIS reminder...PEACE!

Keep it real!

srr

sinbad

0 Comments: