NOW I WANT A BROKEN HEART

1.14.2007

Chapter 2....Irresistible Revolution....

Something happened to me this morning at church (the walled one).....

I choose not to divulge it here, but will outside of this medium if you ask me too.....

The result.... a broken and hurting heart.... mine.

I was reminded of a quote by the founder of World Vision.....Bob Pierce.....

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break God's heart."

I've prayed this prayer before..... only not wholeheartedly.

I'm also reminded of another revolutionist and his lyrics..... Derek Webb...I WANT A BROKEN HEART.

i've got faith in the bank and money in my heart
i've got a calloused place where your ring used to be, my love
i've traded naked and unashamed

for a better place to hide
for a righteous mask, a suit of fig leaves and lies

i thought the cattle on a thousand hills
was not enough to pay my bills
and i fell in love with those who proved me wrong
and now i want a broken heart

now there's a great pad lock
on the place where i was free
and i'm feeling bad from swallowing that key
now i work real hard but i mostly call in sick
of a broken back from the ground fighting back at me
i cannot look you in the eye
so i check the knots on my disguise
'cause i fell in love with fashion in the dark
and now i want a broken heart

i've got alibis for every crime
a substitute to do my time
'cause Your heart breaks enough on both our parts

so now i want a broken heart
now i want a broken heart
now i want a broken heart

I find it interesting to think how many times I've had a broken heart from girls or life or situations that didn't go the way I wanted them too. But the times my heart has been truly broken with the things that break God's heart has been far less. Not saying they haven't been there and been incredibly real, there's just fewer of them.

Hmmmmm....may I not be afraid to WHOLEHEARTEDLY ask God to break my heart with those things that break His. Amen and amen.....

May my broken heart allow more of YOU to shine through.

Reformanda....

M"s"C

2 Comments:

tiffany beaver said...

what broke your heart? i'm curious . . .

tiffany beaver said...

thanks for the phone call. praying for you.