EVERYTHING....?....!....

1.09.2007

Scribed this morning. Been a while. Anyway......

I'm
scribing in Luke. Currently in chapter 5. These were some of the verses I was journaling on today....
Luke 5.27-28
27-28 After this he went out and saw a man named Levi at his work collecting taxes. Jesus said, "Come along with me." And he did—walked away from everything and went with him.

Hmmmmm......here's what I think......

(from my scribing journal)
No doubt a tax collector in those days was not only not liked, but rather despised by society. BUT, he certainly would have had a lot of "everything" to walk away from, especially in a material sense. Certainly people must have thought he had lost his mind. What is my "everything" and am I willing to leave it all for
The Way? God, help me to loosen my grip on my "everything" and turn it loose so that in it's place I can better grasp YOU and YOUR everything! Amen....

I'm reminded of the words of Dietrich Bonhoeffer when he said.....
"When Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die."

I'm also reminded of the words of LIFEHOUSE in the song EVERYTHING.

Complete "EVERYTHING" by Lifehouse Lyrics

Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.

You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

I especially like the line "Your are my purpose.....You're everything."

May I never lose sight of the fact that all else is "rubbish" compared to HIM.

Striving to let go of my everything,

semper reformanda,

M"s"C

1 Comment:

from the inside out said...

Remember that feeling I got when we were in Jamaica last year about feeling for the first time I could give up everything to go with you somewhere to be a missionary? Your post reminded me of that again.
I'm definitely feeling the need for something to change. Something's gotta give. I'm not saying that I feel like God is moving us towards full-time missionary work (but I'm not ruling it out), but I do feel like our lives and hearts need to be more mission minded. Like that there's plenty we could give up and do without, and there's plenty more we have to invest in others. It's cool how God is lining our hearts up together with His.