FRIDAY FLUSH (Crazy: Part Deux!)

8.22.2008

So, Lovely Linda and I have been moving for 3 solid days! Why, you may ask, did it take so dang long? Well, since you asked, I'll tell ya! The biggest reason is that we went through about 95% of EVERYTHING we own! Yeah, EVERYTHING! Almost no box-o'-junk was left unsorted. It has been a nightmare, but a nightmare I won't soon be reliving. We have been married for 13+ phenomenal years and we have collected some junk. Not only that, but we moved approx. 16 months ago from a 3 bedroom house to GVBR and didn't cull much of anything. So as painful as it was, we were diligent in striving to sort everything out. In the process, we donated over three suv's full of stuff to Goodwill Canton and took three Ford Ranger truck beds full to the dumpster! It has been amazing, disturbing, humbling, and frustrating thinking about stuff that at one time or another I thought I needed to hang on to, but at this point in my life I easily junked or gave away. So, today's Friday Flush is dedicated to some of the CRAZY CRAP discovered while moving!
  • The rechargeable battery for my cordless drill. Been missing that for about 3 years. KEPT
  • A pill bottle full of "rubies" I had "mined" from one of those "Pan-for-Gold" sites in North Georgia when I was a kid! Chunked!
  • A key ring with 25+ keys on it that go to I don't know what! Chunked!
  • Copies of the Atlanta Journal special sections from almost every day of the 1996 Olympics. Chunked!
  • Random ticket stubs from ZZ Top, Heart, and 38 Special concerts in the summer of '86! Status: UNDETERMINED?!?
  • A pink hardhat. Chunked!
  • 7 different watches. Kept! I'm a watch junkie.
  • An Eric Clapton concert T-shirt from the early 90's. Status: UNDETERMINED?!? I think it got re-packed, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, getting rid of so much stuff has been liberating. And Lovely Linda and I have set a goal to have everything we moved unpacked in 30 days or less. And we might get rid of more crap in the process!

Thinking of going through your junk? I encourage you to DO IT!!! You might be surprised at what you will find! Need some pointers? Check Peter Walsh out. You won't regret purging the physical crap in your life. I'll probably post later about purging the spiritual crap! Another blog another day.

Keep it real!

srr

sinbad

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.