YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME!!!

3.24.2006

I was thinking about a song by one of the early members of the "contemporary Christian" music industry, PETRA. I must warn you before you rush out and buy their latest CD, you might want to spend some time checking them out on their website. Anyway....
The song I was remembering has the line in it that posed the question "When will the world see that we need Jesus?"
As I was checking out the DRUDGE REPORT I ran across this story about a couple who made their 3 year old girl beat up a 5 year old boy. This has to go in the "Just when you thought you'd seen it all!" category. Hmmmm....maybe PETRA was onto something when they penned those lines quite a few years ago.
When I read something like this story, it is just another reminder of the absolute hopelessness of this world without Jesus. I also think back over my life and how misguided my decisions and actions were for so long. I often think of and use the awesome line by the great doctor, Dr. Phil, "How's that working for you?" I pose that question to the life being lived without Jesus in it. Hmmm....
Anyway, I will leave you with this, a prayer from Brennan Manning.....

May all of your expectations be frustrated.
May all of your plans be thwarted.
May all of your desires be withered into nothingness that you may experience the poverty and helplessness of a child and can sing and dance in the joy of God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
AMEN

semper reformanda ragamuffin
sinbad

1 Comment:

Denise Hotze said...

glad to find your place. looking forward to your inspiration to start again.