Stitches...first, cool....then suck!

10.22.2007


(NOT MY ACTUAL STITCHES...I WISH!) So I got me some stitches (only 5) 15 days ago for a gash on my lower left leg. 15 freakin' days ago!!! They are kinda cool when you first get them cause they freak people out a little when you show them off! Anyway, I go in to the emergency room (that's where they put them in so that is where they said to come to get them out) and they take them out this morning. No problem, right? WRONG! So I am sitting at home after returning form the ER and I look down and there is oosage. Niiiccceee. So I go back to have them look at it and after nearly 3 1/2 hours they tell me to take 7 days of antibiotics, keep it clean, and keep and eye on it! WHAT THE CRAP?!? 3 1/2 HOURS to tell me that!!! They said it would heal from the inside out. Whatever?!?

But it did kinda get me thinking about a song I am diggin' right now.... FROM THE INSIDE OUT by Hillsong United. Here's the chorus...

In my heart and my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out
Just like my cut will heal from the inside out, God desires to heal each of us from the inside out. Odd, though, how many times we often worry TONS about the outside first, while the inside is screwed up! Hmmmm...just a thought!

SRR

sinbad

1 Comment:

Gary Lamb said...

Dang, Preston and the church make it as a link but your pastor doesn't. That is just wrong. :)